Cashew Chicken( feeds large family)
~ chicken, cut up in bite size pieces, breaded and fried/or cheat-popcorn chicken, frozen
~ brown rice
~ green onion, sliced
~ oyster sauce
~ soy sauce
~ 32 oz box chicken broth, natural-reduced sodium
~ 3 heaping tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with in a cup of water
~ 3 tablespoons sugar
1. Fry chicken, or cheat and buy frozen popcorn chicken
2. Start brown rice in pot, add a splash of soy sauce
3. As the rice is cooking make the sauce.
4. In meduim pot, add broth, 1/2 bottle of oyster sauce, a few splashes of soy sauce, sugar, then the cornstarch.
5. Cook on medium, stirring so it will not stick to the bottom. It will thicken. Add a few of the sliced green onions.
1. Scoop rice in middle of plate.
2. Put pieces of chicken on rice. For the little guys I like to break the pieces apart. It seems to go further.
3. Pour sauce over chicken.
4. Top with cashew pieces and sliced green onions.
You will definitely enjoy this meal!!