1 c sugar
2 TBSP cocoa
2 heaping tablespoons of cornstarch
~ Mix above in a saucepan. Add 1/2 c warm water to dissolve. Then add about 4 c of milk.
~ Stir constantly on medium or med/high.
~ Will be thick like gravy
* Serve on biscuits
This is a southern favorite. You have to try this!
2" okra, cut into small bite sizes
Sliced green tomatoes
1 C flour
1 C cornmeal
1 C milk
Crisco or vegetable oil, for frying
1. Heat crisco or oil in iron skillet, or pan
2. Dip okra/green tomatoes in milk.
3. Dip in flour then cornmeal.
4. Repeat for thicker coating.
5. Put in hot oil. Fry until golden brown , flip, fry until golden brown.
6. Drain on paper towels
"Sweet Fried" Version:
1. Substitute cornmeal with powdered sugar!!!! YUM!!
1/4 C fresh cilantro, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 zucchini, peeled and chopped
a few dashed of ancho chili(or regular chili powder) powder
1. Make couscous as directed on box.
2. Chopped all veggies.
3. Put all veggie ingredients in a bowl.
4. When Couscous is done, fluff with a fork. Then add to bowl of veggies.
5. Mix and serve!
* I served my salad with Nachos.
very TUMMY YUMMY
Chop cilantro, tomato, red bell pepper, and zucchini
Drain and rinse canned veggies and add to a large bowl
Add all veggies to the bowl, then the couscous
Enjoy this absolutely wonderfully, delicious salad.
You could make it a meal by adding diced chicken or turkey breasts.