Crockpot Chuck Roast:
~1 Chuck Roast
~ 1/2 C Dales Seasoning
1.Put roast in crockpot. Top with Dales seasoning and cavendars.
2. Cook on low 8 hours or til done.
**serve with mashed potatoes and carrots and cornbread
~ 1 lb taco meat (ground beef with taco seasoning)
~ 1 head lettuce, chopped
~4 C shredded Cheddar cheese
~ 1 can kindey beans ~1 small can sliced black olives
~ 1 bag doritos,slighty crushed
~ 1/2 c Ranch dressing
~1/2 c Italian dressing
1. Mix all ingredients except for 1/2 bag of doritos.
2. Add more dressings and doritos when served in the bowl.
~ 2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
~1 C dry bread crumbs, plain or italian
~ cavendars seasoning
~ dales seasoning
1. Mix all ingredients. Form into oval patties. Place in sprayed 13x9 pan.
2. Bake at 375 / 25 mins or til done.
* serve with beef gravy over top, mashed potatoes, and green beans.
~ 1 lb ground beef
~ 1 lb ground turkey
~ 1/4 c dales seasoning
~mustard, few squirts
~1-2 c. dry bread crumbs
~ 2 TBSP minced garlic
1. Mix all ingredients until it forms a solid, formable ball.
2. Place in foil wrapped loaf pan, press down.
3. Bake 375/ for 30-45 mins, check it.
4. Drain liquid, then top with topping ~ 1 1/2 C ketchup and 1 c brown sugar
5.Bake 5 mins.
My familys favorite Lasagna:( in Pictures)
1 lb ground beef or chuck
1 lb sausage
2 cans/jars spaghetti sauce
1 small carton cottage cheese
2-4 C mozzarella cheese
lasagna noodles, cooked
basil & italian seasoning
1. Brown beef and sausage. Add spaghetti sauces and simmer.
2. In medium bowl, mix cheeses, eggs, few dashes of basil and italian seasoning.
3. Layer: meat sauce, noodles, cheese mixture, noodles, meat sauce, cheese mixture, noodles, meat sauce, then top with mozzarella cheese.
4. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes/ 1 hour, if frozen
Hot Chili Beans
submitted by Andrea R, Houston, Tx
(my mom's recipe--my kids love this)
Serves 6. (Easily multiplied, freezes well)
1 can red kidney beans
1lb ground beef
28 oz. can petite diced tomatoes (OR 2c. tomato juice)
1 large onion, diced
1Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Prepared in large skillet or electric frying pan
Brown ground beef and onions.
Add spices and other ingredients
Cover. Simmer 1 hour.
Serve over rice.
I usually serve with an additional veggie on the side, but it holds its own well.
Mexican Beef Taco Ring:(with Pictures)
1 lb ground beef or turkey, cooked and drained
1 can green chilies
1 can black olives, chopped (optional)
2 C Mexican Cheese
1/4 C lime juice(or juice from 2 limes)
1 tomato, chopped
2 TBSP taco seasoning
2 cans crescents
1. Mix all ingredients , excepts for crescents
2. Grease pizza stone, lay out crescents into a ring. Pressing edges together
3. Spoon mixture onto the ring.
4. Lay pointed tips over the meat mixture. It will show through.
5. Bake on 2nd to bottom rack for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. The tops should be browned.
6. Serve with pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole, and lettuce.
* You may also serve with bean or cheese quesadillas, bean and cheese burritos, and chips and salsa. (That's what I do for my large family)
Shepherds Pie:( In Pictures)
~ 1 lb ground turkey
~ 2 large cans Veg-All, original style
~ 1 jar beef gravy
~ 6 large or 10 small potatoes
1. Brown the turkey, drain
2. Peel, rinse, cut, and boil potatoes. Drain then mash.
3. Mix gravy and veggies and ground turkey. Spread into 13 x 9 pan.
4. Spread mashed potatoes on top.
5. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired
6. Bake 375 degrees for 30 minutes
Mushroom Burgers(large batch):(with pictures)
1-2 lbs ground beef
2 can mushroom soup( healthy kind, reduced sodium and fat )
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees, grease 13x9 pan.
2. Mix beef, dales seasoning, and garlic powder. Form into patties and put in 13x9 pan.
3. In a medium bowl- pour mushroom soup. Add 1/2 - 1 can of milk. Mix.
4. Pour over beef patties.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes until patties are no longer pink.
* I serve mashed potatoes and a veggie like green beans and a salad