Easy -On-The-Go Meals ~ Sports Nights Meals ~ Lunch Ideas~ Frugal Snack Ideas
Many of these recipes are some that I have found throughout the years in different magazines, books, and through family members. Some recipes are healthy, some are family favorites. Please check back often. I add to the recipes each month.
Foods to eat when the temperatures are freezing. Check out this article form the Hillbilly Housewife.
Stromboli (snake for Halloween)
easy berry buckle-crockpot
Homemade Health and Beauty
Diva Cup~ not homemade, but it will cut down on tampon/pad waste!! It's what I use!( I found mine at Whole Foods Market)
SPORTS NIGHTS MEALS:
* Suggestion: Invest in having at least 2 crock pots!
~ One for main meal, one for side dish
Easy On-The-Go Meals:
(We do these meals at many sports events and take them as picnics in baskets and coolers. There are many days that we leave as soon as the kids get off the bus and do not get home until 10 pm!!)
Ball game chili:
1 Put chili in thermos, take fritos or doritos(small bags or large), and plastic spoons.
2. Put chili in the small bag of fritos or doritos. or put all in plastic cups.
3. Stir and eat
1. Make burger patties the size of a silver dollar. cook. wrap in foil.
2.Take square rolls, cheese, chips, fruits, squirt ketchup.
3. Make mini-burgers and serve with chips and fruit
1. Make scrambled eggs. Mix in bacon, cheese, peppers(opt), (whatever your family likes).
2. fill tortilla with eggs, top with cheese. roll up. Wrap in foil.
3.Serve at game with salsa and chips.
1. Buy hoagie buns.
2. Top with favorite meats, cheeses, condiments.
3. Slice in sections, do not seperate. Wrap in plastic wrap.
4. Serve with chips and fruit.
1. Mix butter and itlaian seasoning spread on both sides of bread.
2. On bread put mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, a little pizza sauce(tomato sauce and italian seasoning).
3. Top with another slice of bread. grill both side on grill pan or cook in skillet.
4. Wrap in foil or eat on go.
Footlong Sub Sandwich:
1. Purchase one from Subway or...
2. Cut open fresh french loaf bread. Add desired toppings.
3. Pre-cut. Wrap in saran, plastic wrap.
4. Serve a picnic during sports practice or game with fresh fruit, chips, nuts, veggies.
1. Top a fresh salad with grilled or fried chicken. Put in a large bowl with a lid.
2. Take bowls, forks, dressing, drinks, fresh fruit for serving.
1. Top a tortilla with your favorite lunchmeat and condiments.
2. Or top with salmon and cream cheese.
3. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in cooler.
4. Serve with fresh fruit and veggies
1. Top a warm tortilla with your choice of refried beans, chicken, beef, cheese, onions, etc...
2. Wrap in foil.
3. Serve with tortilla chips and salsa.
1. Microwave potato for 6-8 minutes. Cut open. Fill with butter sour cream, chili and/or other desired toppings.
2. Wrap in foil. Don't forget to take forks for serving!!
1. Make desired soup. Put in thermos. Serve in coffee mugs.
1. Warm beef hot dogs. Place on a bun. Wrap in foil. Serve with chips.
Quick Fix Meals at Home:
(* to serve before or after coming home from sports)
Crock pot Chicken~ many ways:
* easiest served with baked potatoes or frozen, oven ready fries.
1. Roast Chicken~Put a whole roast chicken in crock pot with carrots and potatoes. Cook all day on low. Serve with ready serve rolls.
2. Mexican Chicken~Put chicken and enchilada sauce or taco seasoning in crock pot. Cook on low. Serve with chips and salsa.
3. Mushroom Chicken~Chicken in mushroom soup. Cook on low all day. Serve over rice.
4. BBQ Chicken~ BBQ sauce over chicken in crock pot. Serve with corn on cob, chips, or oven fries.
5. Northwoods Chicken~ Chicken sprinkled with Northwoods seasoning. Cook on low in crock pot all day. Serve with veggie or baked potato.
6. Ginger Lime Chicken~ Chicken with lime juice(1/2 to 1 C), ginger and garlic . Cook on low all day.
1. Crock pot Roast with potatoes and carrots. Put all in crock pot, cook on low all day.
2. Crock pot round steak~ round steak with mushroom soup. Serve with baked potato.
3. Crock pot meatloaf. Make a meatloaf and form into meatloaf size (like the pan). Put in crock pot an cook on low 6-8 hours.
4. Crock pot pork chops~ #1- pork chops with mushroom soup. Cook all day on low. #2- pork chops with maple syrup, soy sauce, and ginger. Cook all day on low.
5. Soup~ Put desired soup ingredients in crock pot. Simmer on low until serving.* Taco soup, chicken noodle soup, tortilla soup, chili, white chili, etc...
6. Baked Potato Bar~ have baked potatoes warm in the crock pot. Set out toppings such as cheese, sour cream, chili, chives, etc...
7. Meatballs~ have meatball warm in crock pot. Serve over egg noodles. Or serve on a hoagie bun for a sandwich.
8. Taco Salad/ Nachos~ Warm taco meat in crock pot. Serve over tortilla chips or salad with cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, onions, dressings, etc...
9. BBQ Nachos~ Shredded beef warm in crock pot. Serve over tortilla chips, BBQ sauce, cheese sauce, onions, tomatoes, jalepenos, sour cream, etc...
10. Salisbury Patties~ in crock pot with beef or brown gravy, cook on low all day. Serve with egg noodles or baked potato.
Are you tired of the same things everyday for lunch? Is you school now "Peanut-Free". Here are a few ideas for something different. I try to have a variety of breads handy.
1. Egg salad sandwich( finely chopped hard boiled eggs and mayo)
2.Turkey, cheese, lettuce, bacon
3.Homemade cracker stackers( in seperate containers- whole wheat crackers, lunch meat cut into cirlces, cheese cut into circles)
4. Chicken Nachos(tortilla chips, shredded cheese, lettuce,chicken, salsa
5. Tuna salad in pitas or bread or crackers
6. Salmon and cream cheese on tortilla. roll up and cut into circles(cutting optional)
7.Bagel bread sandwiches, favorite lunchmeat
8. Square rolls with favorite topping: lunch meat, egg salad, tuna,etc...
9. Taco salad: Salad, taco meat, shredded cheese, salsa, ranch dressing
10. Apple butter with apple slices on bread
11. Nutella and marshmallow cream
12. Hot dog buns with favorite lunch meat , cheese, lettuce
13. Pinwheels: lunchmeat and cheese on bread, roll, and cut into circles
14. Puzzle sandwich: favorite sandwich, cut center with fun shape cookie cutter(I use whatever holiday is coming up)
15.Sweet grilled Cheese: cinnamon raisin bread and cheese
16.Thermos- chili, easy bef soup, chicken soup, leftover chicken, roast, etc...
17. Bean and cheese burritos(refried beans and cheese, heated, wrapped in tortilla, then foil)
18. Chicken salad: cooked, chopped chicken, sliced red grapes, almonds, mayo, salt and pepper. Serve on croissants, rolls, pitas
19. Meatball Hoagies :leftover meatballs, spaghetti sauce on hoagie bread
20. Waffle sandwich: any flavor waffle with flavored cream cheese and sliced fruit
Frugal Snack Ideas
*FIRST CHOICE OF SNACK SHOULD ALWAYS BE A FRESH FRUIT OR VEGETABLE*
1. Air popped popcorn (air popper is only $10.00, great investment!)
2. Chips and salsa(maybe homemade from garden)
3. Cheese and crackers
4. PB and celery
5. PB mix on toast (mix: PB, butter and maple syrup)
6. Kiddie trail mix (you can mix any snacks together that you have just a little bit left of)
7. Apples and PB
8. Apple butter on toast
9. Honey crescent (crescents drizzled with honey)
10. Cracker pizzas: (crackers, pepperoni, moz cheese- melt)
11. Pizza cups : biscuits pressed in muffin pan, pizza sauce, moz cheese. bake til done.
12. Fresh veggies tray with dip
13. Fresh fruit tray (with choc. syrup,opt)
14. Jello and whipped cream(individuals are too expensive)
15. Pudding (individuals are too expensive)
16. Cinnamon tortillas( tortillas brushed with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. bake til crisp)
17. Homemade muffins
18. Hard boiled eggs
19.Easy nachos: tortilla chips with shredded cheese, melted
20. Banana bread