Maple Pork Chops:
~ 4-6 pork chops ~ 1/2 C. maple syrup ~ 1 TBSP minced garlic ~ 1/4 C. soy sauce
1. Marinate chops in marinade for 1 hr
2. Grill or bake 375 degrees/ 25 minutes
**BBQ Turkey Nachos( usually made with smoked pork butt):~ leftover turkey, shredded or chopped
~ BBQ sauce
~ chopped onions
~ chopped tomatoes
~ tortilla chips
~ nacho cheese(not salsa con queso), heated
1. Tortilla chips on a plate
2. Sprinkle pieces of shredded turkey
3. Drizzle BBQ sauce over the top
4. Spoon cheese over that
5. Top with veggie toppings of your choice: tomatoes, onions, black olives, jalapeños.
*cost per serving: $3.28
1 Lb green cabbage
1 carrot, peeled, grated
Juice of 1lime, divided
1 TBSP and 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
16 oz mushrooms, cleaned quartered
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp ginger
1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 inch medallions
1. Shred cabbage and carrots. Put into a bowl. Mix half of lime juice and 1 tsp of soy sauce. Toss to combine. Set aside.
2. To clean leeks: pull outer layer off. Trim top and bottom ends. Fan the layers. Rinse under cold water. Pull apart and cut like half circles.
3. Heat 1 tsp EVOO. Add leeks and sautee for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and remaining soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Cover, reduce heat,simmer 5 minutes.
4. In another large skillet~ heat 2 tsp EVOO on medium for 1 minute. Add pork medallions. Cook one minute, then gently move so they won't stick. Then cook one more minute. Flip over then repeat.
5. Remove medallions and put in mushroom mixture. Deglaze the large skillet: add 1 tsp water and remaining lime juice. With a wooden spoon or spatula, scrape the bottom a few time to bring up the pork juices. Add the mushroom mixture to that. Cook uncovered for 2 more minutes. Serve with the slaw.
Pork Chops with Gingered-Orange Dipping Sauce:
~ thin strips of pork chops
~ soy sauce
~ jerk seasoning
1. Add all ingredients in a large ziploc bag. Marinade for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Thread strips on a bamboo skewer. Grill 10 minutes. Or Broil 8 minutes in oven.
Dipping Sauce:(for crowd)
~ 1/3 or 1/2 stick melted butter
~ 1 tbsp ginger
~ 1 tbsp garlic
~ 1 whole lime of lime juice or 1/2 plastic container of lime juice
~ 1 jar orange marmalade
1. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer, stirring occasionally. Serve with Pork chops