~3 cans boneless salmon or tuna, drained well ~ I egg ~ 1 C bread crumbs
1. Mix and form into biscuit size patties .
2.Spray skillet with cooking spray. Cook on each side.
* serve on biscuits with mac and cheese
Easy Tuna Mac:
~ 2 cans tuna, drained ~1 box mac and cheese or homemade mac and cheese ~ 1 can mushroom soup
1. Make mac and cheese.
2. Mix mac and cheese, tuna, mushroom soup.
3. Heat to warm.
* serve with crescents and salad
Garlic Shrimp Pasta(Taste of Home):
~1 package of spaghetti ~ 1/2 sundried tomatoes, not in oil ~1 c boiling water ~1/4 C all-purpose flour 1/2 garlic salt ~1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes ~1/4 C olive oil, divided ~2 3/4 sliced fresh mushroom ~5 tsp minced garlic ~1/4 c chicken broth ~1/2 c white wine or chicken broth ~1/4 minced fresh parsley ~1/2 tsp dried basil ~ 1/4 pepper ~1/8 tsp crushed red pepper(opt) ~1/5 c grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook spaghetti. Put tomotoes in boiling water. Cover and let stand 5 mins. Drain then chop.
2. In a large sealable plastic bag, mix flour and garlic salt. Add chicken pieces. Shake to coat.
3. In skillet saute' chicken in 2 tbsp veg. oil. Remove and keep warm.
4. In same pan, saute' mushroom and garlic til tender. Add broth wine or additional broth, parsley, basil,salt and pepper, and pepper flakes. Stir in tomatoes and chicken. Heat through.
5.Drain spaghetti. Add chicken mixture and cheese. Toss to coat.
Potato Salmon Patties
(an internet find, kids love--never had leftovers)
Serves 5 (abt 10 patties total)
1-14.75 can salmon, drained and flaked
2 eggs beaten
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. potato flakes
1 medium onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. dried dill weed
1/4 tsp. celery salt
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil (for cooking)
1. in a medium bowl, mix salmon, eggs, bread crumbs, potato flakes, onion, garlic and spices.
2. Form mixture into 2 inch balls and flatten into patties about 1/2 inch thick.
3. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook patties about 5 minutes per side until lightly browned. (Honestly, until my george forman grill died, i cooked them without the oil for 5 minutes total)
Coconut Lime Salmon with coconut rice(below)~ In Pictures:
1. Grease baking pan with cooking spray and heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Spread salmon filets on sheet.
3. Pour lime juice on salmon
4. Top with brown sugar
5. Top with coconut
6. Bake 15-20 minutes
(alternative: Mix juice, brown sugar and coconut in a large baggie. Add salmon filets to marinate.
Put salmon filets on baking sheet, then pour marinade on top.)
white rice, desired amount for your family
1. Brown coconut in a greased(canola oil spray is best) pan over medium heat.
2. Mix uncooked rice and brown coconut.
3. Cook rice according to directions.
Grilled Pineapple and Shrimp( In pictures)
1 lb shrimp, peel and devein
fresh pineapple , cut into chunks
6 TBSP orange marmalade
1 TBSP soy sauce
1/2 c cilantro, chopped
1. Thread shrimp and pineapple on skewers
2. In small saucepan, combine 4 TBSP orange marmalade, 1/2 water, and soy sauce
3. Simmer for a few minutes, then brush on top of shrimp and pineapple
4. Grill 8-10 minutes, turning once
5. Bring sauce to a full boil.
6. Make rice according to directions
7. Combine rice, 2 TBSP sauce, and cilantro
8. Serve shrimp and pineapple with the sauce.
Coconut Shrimp~ Clean Version:
~ Jumbo Shrimp
~ flaked coconut
~ 1 egg white
~ few tablespoons toasted sesame oil
~ bamboo skewers
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees/ Take tails off of shrimp.
2. Thread shrimp on skewers. Make sure you thread the fat part and skinny tail so it won't spin when you turn it.
3. Mix egg white and sesame oil. Brush on each side of skewered shrimp.
4. Spread coconut in a 13x9 pan. Lay skewer on coconut and press to make sure it stays on each side.
5. Place skewers on foiled cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil spray.
6. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until browned, then turn. Bake for another 2-5 minutes until browned.
7. Serve with brown rice and steamed veggie
Talapia Tacos with Sriracha Sauce
5 filets of Talapia
Shredded iceberg lettuce
1/2 C mayonnaise
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chili powder
flour tortillas, taco size
1. Mix mayo, sugar, sriracha; set aside.
2. Mix spices together.
3. Drizzle talapia filets with evoo. Rub with spices on each side.
4. Sautee onion slices in evoo until tender.
4. Grill or sear filets in a pan. A few minutes on each side, until flakes with floor.
5. Remove from pan and cut into pieces.
6. Heat tortillas and layer:
- sauce mixture
- salsa, if desired
fried shrimp, homemade or popcorn kind
1tbsp sriracha sauce
1/2 C mayo
1 tbsp sugar
shredded iceberg lettuce
1. Cook shrimp, as directed
2. Make sauce: sriracha, mayo and sugar
3. Heat flour tortillas until warm
- sauce mixture