Baked Chocolate Chip French Toast
1 loaf bread( I use my homemade Amish Bread)
1. Layer the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan with bread.
2. Beat eggs and cinnamon together; and pour half of the mixture on top.
3. Add another layer of bread.
4. Pour the rest of the eggs on top. Spread with the back of a spoon to cover all breads with egg mixture.
5. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Or bake immediately.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until eggs are
a few cans of biscuits(I used regular, not jumbo)
1. Heat oil on medium.
2. Using a small circle cookie cutter(or bottle top) , cut a center out of the biscuit.
3. Gentle lay in oil. Wait to brown, then flip with a fork or long utensil.
4. When browned on both sides remove from oil and lay on kitchen towel to drain grease.
5. Once it's cool, dip in desired topping
- powdered sugar
- glaze~ powdered sugar and a little milk
- melted chocolate
Here are some pictures. Sorry that they are not great quality, My Canon is broken:(
Grab some biscuits, any will do. Homemade would be much better, though.
I quartered the biscuits to make a few extra "hole" sizes.
Remove from oil and drain on kitchen towel.
Get the powder sugar and glaze ready
Finished product! Mmmmmm
Dip it in melted chocolate!
Fry more donut rings
Jack loves chocolate, like his momma!
Luke picks up a small one, not like his momma
Oh, I wish the quality was better. This picture just does not do it justice. These are so sinfully good.
I'm glad National Donut is only once a year!