Before I talk about all the summer fun, we do have rules for the summer. Just like our everyday rules, but detailed for summertime. Children thrive on routine and structure. I have a few that this is especially true for them.These rules are written on the first page of their summer journals.
- Breakfast and clean up/ brush teeth/get dressed
- Physical Activity! - unlimited time! Get Moving!~ this could be our family time to go out and have fun(Zoo, Museum, Park)
- Morning Chore- 5-10 mins
- PLAY! SERVE! Be helpful
- Lunch Time, clean up
- Afternoon- Quiet in house while baby is napping
- outside play
- play in room
9. After Quiet time: play as usual
10. After Dinner: chore, FAMILY TIME~ playtime, tv time, if earned
11. Bedtime routine: same as usual with quiet reading time, journal writing, devotionals, prayers
1. Must abide by the "Daily Heart Report"~ found HERE
2. There is absolutely no TV time until it is earned by completing chores, reading, playtime, and physical activity.
3. Snacks~ it's whatever Mom makes. I do not keep a lot of junk/processed/packaged foods in the house. If they want something, they have to ask! We even make a special time of making snacks. Absolutely no raiding the cabinets and fridge. Food is not earned like a reward because it sends a bad message about how we should view food. Special treats like an outing- Yogurt Mountain, Sonic, etc..- to get food is earned, though.
4. Romans 12:10~ Their Brotherly Life Verse~ Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor...
5. Only Kind words are spoken, consequences if not~ Proverbs 12:25 An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.
6. Keep the Lord first in everything we do/decide/act/behave~ 1 Corinthians 10:31-So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
7. Be a "LIGHT" with "LOVE" when we are out and about~ Acts 13:47~ "For this is what the Lord has commanded us: "'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"/ John 13:35 "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
8. Show Random Acts of Kindness everyday! See "Random Acts of Kindness Day" for a full day to do with kids below under "Oh, The Services We Will Do".
9. Must have physical activity, playtime, reading to earn tv and computer time.
10. Treats will not be given every time we go somewhere!
11. Always abide by the Store rules while shopping. Found HERE (page of it's own if you'd like to print it out)
Store Rules for Children
1. Be careful when opening the door so you do not hit the car next to you
2. When you get out of the van~ stand next to the side of the van but do not rub on it and get dirty!
3. While walking in the parking lot~hold hands with buddy or hold on to the stroller/cart. Walk youngest to oldest behind Mom. Don't get out of line. (Too many kids walking/running everyone is disrespectful to the other shoppers!)
4. Do not run ahead or at all = severe consequences!!!!!!
5. No crawling on the floor or laying under the shopping cart
6. Do not wrestle, touch or hit your brothers in any way. You can only hold hands
7. Use inside voice at ALL times. No yelling/screaming.
8. No hiding
9. No tantrums/fits/whining/angry outbursts
10. Do not ask for anything while in the store. Mom has already made the list and asked beforehand
11. Do not touch and items or price tags
12. Do NOT talk to strangers unless Mom is there! DO not go anywhere without mom
13.SMILE :) Game: see who can smile the whole time
14. Manners with People:
~ always smile
~ always stop & listen
~ always look at them in the eye
~ always speak kindly, even when they are not
* We draw a lot of attention being a family of only boys that have such a similar look. People are naturally curious. Some are kind. And some have rude things to say. If they do, always smile! I tell them it's "FUN!", and a wonderful blessing from God.
** Disobedience is dealt with at home
***Reward good behavior~ ex:piece of gum when you get to the car. Especially great behavior:~ ex: stop for an ice cream cone
**** Do the boys always do this/complete obedience? Not at all. They are kids after all. Amd are given consequences in private. So, if you see me, and the kids are misbehaving~ pray for us. It's one of those days!
Lots of Rules with LOTS of Love!